Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Turkey Hunt

:) So this year Kris and i got drawn for Turkey and this was my first time going turkey hunting, so i was very excited to be going with my Hubbs. It was quite an adventure to say the least. haha Our drive up there was an adventure in itself..  to shorten up the story..Kris took a wrong dirt road in and we came across a drunk indian on the indian reservation at 3 in the morning!! Talk about scarrrryy! hahaha So by the time we  found a campsite we had all of 4 hours of sleep and then was up and ready for the day!! We drove our quad for about 4 hours.. up and down mountain after mountain trying to find these dang turkeys and nothing!! So we decided to head back to camp for some food. We turn a corner on the MAIN ROAD and there they were. 7 Turkeys waddling across the road.... im pretty sure i paused there for 20 seconds not believing im seeing what we have been looking for all morning. haha Thanks to Kris he had my gun loaded and ready for me to just shoot! First shot got er' done.. then he shot one of the other turkeys there! BOTH of us got a turkey!! ha :) I was sooooo happy! I cant wait to go again!








2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh poor Turkey!!!! :-) I had to throw that in, so I'm glad you guys had a successful trip, Did you have turkey for dinner?



    Kindra

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha no not yet! we are still trying to come up with a marinade or rub for it to take the gaminess out!! Dont you worry.. we will save some for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete