Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Girls weekend {labor day}

So this weekend Kris and my Dad left to go scouting for my dads big archery hunt in 2 weeks!
This picture is so true!(saw this at Hobby Lobby)
So my mom decided that Saturday we would have a girls day and so we went to lunch at Rubios
Love their fish tacos.
We then did some shopping, always end up buying something for the hubby also.
(wouldnt be a girls day without some shopping)
I bought some Fall decor! First Wreath i have ever hung on our house. 
{Winter please come faster}
 So my mom and i wanted to try a few recipes. She wanted to create a yummy moist cupcake and i wanted to try this new Cinnamon Bun Popcorn!
So we baked!
She made a Red Velvet Cupcake with Buttercream Icing(some had chocolate chips in them).Then also made Chocolate cupcakes with Cream Cheese Filling and Buttercream Frosting with Chocolate Chips inside the cupcake!
Her cupcakes were soooo good!




Loved my Popcorn also! it turned out so yummy!

 My favorite part was this part where i was making the caramel and i had to mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon.. ooo did it smell like the holidays.



Needless to say we had a few hickups though.
Yes that is my tuberware melted threw! Dang chocolate wouldnt melt so we put it in for a little longer then... this happend! haha
 We then decided to go to Morenos {aka-Gecko Grill/Cravings}
Best green sauce ever.
 Pollo Fundido=yum!
So she ended up staying the night with me and the next day we finally decided to start my throw pillows.
 For months now i have wanted to make new pillow cases for my couch because i hate the ones that are on there that came with the couch. so we went to Joanns, bought my fabric, so then my mom could show me a thing or 2 on making a pillow case!
She has a old sewing machien and the brand is a Husqvarna and Kris was making fun of my mom because he thinks they didnt make them anymore!! haha so funny! and then we see this at JoAnns!




Started out smoothly, but then came the zipper. ohhh how i hate zippers.
Pillow took me 3 hours to make.
LOVE{D} it though.
Soooo.... the reason i say LOVED it was because i put the pillow on my couch that night went to bed and woke up to the pillow i made OUTSIDE... CHEWED UP!!!!!!!!
Dang Diesel chewed my new pillow up!!!!!
i had a melt down. in my house. on the floor. kinda crying.

that dog is so lucky to be alive.
But this weekend was so much fun though.
Loved being with my mom!
lots of laughter, girl talk, bonding!
So happy to have her as my mom.

1 comment:

  1. That dog!!!!....You are too nice Gunner would STILL be living in my dog run if he did that after all that work!! Love Love your pillows!..Did Kris love your pillows??!!!....teal and all!! :) And how good is that popcorn!! My favorite!!!!! I seriously can only make it for like holiday and special occasions or I could just live off of it for real ..Its SERIOUSLY SO GOOD!!! MMMMMM....I can smell it right now!!..lol...and your cupcakes you guys brought over were so yummy!!!.....I snuck one (maybe 2) for breakfast that next morning before the kids got up!! Didnt even feel guilty that I didnt leave more to share!! :)

    ReplyDelete