Thursday, September 20, 2012

its because we love to hunt

Hunting season is one that i love and hate.
hate because kris is gone so much but love because i love to hunt.
This past weekend i went up to the unit my dad got drawn to help with his hunt.  His unit is by this tiny little town which is called Seligman. Seligman is seriously a one horse kind of town. It is actually what inspired the Cars movie, Route 66!!


My dads favorite bike he ever owned was this one, a Honda 90!


 This was one of their general stores.... yeah.. that is 3 pair of sunglasses for sale


mater!


Their only grocery store.



our camp.
love my parents.
The boys figuring out a plan.
{kris, brother chad, and dad}

We all have a special bond with this mama cow. 3 weeks ago when my dad an Kris went up to scout, kris said this mama cow was trying to cross this fence and it was always right at the same spot. Well she then started to mother another calf that wasn't hers, 3 weeks later she was still there with both calfs!!!
hahaha love her.




So me and my mom was hanging out in out in our to hauler... we take a look outside and instead of just Kris and my dad outside practicing target sooting, there was 7 men out there!! hahaha love how hunters are usually so nice. 



crossing my fingers my dads gets a trophy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! That town is too cute!!! My kids would go crazy seeing the "Car"-ness" of that place!!! Looks like you guys had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete