Monday, September 10, 2012

first time sewing project=experience.

So starting at about september it begins to be bitter sweet.. i get super excited because the weather begins to cool off, but the stinky part is that means hunting season starts.
i love hunting don't get me wrong but it also
 means---->I'm a hunting widow.
So.. i decided rather than sitting around not doing anything I finally made the leap and decided to finally make my pillow cases for our new couch we bought a couple months ago!
Now if you read my previous post,  you would have seen what happened with my first pillow i made.
Diesel{aka- the destroyer} mutilated my pillow.

Now i look at it as somewhat a good thing because i then saw even cuter fabric. so i started from square one. new everything.
Diesel kept me company the entire 3 days...

So after 3 days...
energy drinks{staying up till 2 in the morning}
 jamming out to you tube...
i finally finished the pillows!!!!!!


So this is what the pillows looked like that were on our couch!
OLD
Anddd.. this is the 
NEW

I LOVE them!
i sewed 6 pillows!!
Sound all good and dandy and it was easy peasy!
wrong.

Where do i start?
haha
THE ZIPPER
Who would have thought this would be such a task?
i sure didn't!
 This incident happened on 2 pillows- i got the zipper all aligned and pinned down on the seam... started sewing... got all the way down to the end and realized i put the zipper wrong side down.
i accidentally missed sewing the zipper so i have to re-do the entire seam.
i concentrated so much on sewing as close to the seam as possible i forget about the other "watch-out's"
i sewed my actual pillow INTO my zipper seam.

Needle mishap.
not too sure how this happened but i somehow broke the tip of the needle off!!! 
luckily my mom insisted that i take her sewing machine manuals and I'm so glad she did! 
Since that is how i figured out how to change the needle!!

Although after alllllll this i loveee my pillows and so does Kris.
Cross your fingers Diesel doesn't chew these ones up.

No comments:

Post a Comment