Monday, January 9, 2012

Projects.

So this week i decided i was finally gonna start making our home a home.
We have been so busy working, settling in, celebrating the holidays/birthdays, and dealing with Diesel 
that i haven't had any time to decorate!
So.... i had to start somewhere. 
I started by doing a few projects this weekend
Yes i know. i didn't take the easiest route of decorating but i knew it would be worth it. 
So instead of spending $200-$300 on Nightstands, i decided to do this instead.
I spent $11.12 on paint, $3 on a paintbrush, and $16 on the new knobs!
Kris had 2 old nightstands that his parents gave him when he moved out.
i did a little revamp.
I cleaned them up and sanded them both down.

Before
Diesel was my little mischievous helper.
 The top was all messed up so i had to sand it multiple times to finally get it to a smooth surface.
 After  :)
I love the knobs i found.

My favorite part of this whole project was the fact that Kris kept repeatedly saying
"Those look sooooo good babe. Your awesome."
haha 
For my first somewhat big project i think it turned out pretty good!
Here is my other project i did.
It is gonna be for our bedroom. 
So instead of spending $25 for 2 shelves, i spent $10.
{love Hobby Lobby sales}

Before

After
I was super happy with what i have done so far! 
Cant wait to do some more!
:)

1 comment:

  1. that is so amazing sara! I totally love the color, and you've inspired me to get a little more adventurous with the DIY furnishings. There's so much I want to do around the house, but I'm too cheap to buy ready made items. You are sooooo talented :)

    ReplyDelete