Sunday, January 8, 2012

6 Months.

Today is mine and Kris's 6 month anniversary.
Also, 8 days ago was our 5 years of "being together" anniversary.
Kris says we aren't celebrating that anymore.. just our marriage anniversary.
But i will always celebrate that mark also because it still means so much to me. I know most normal people don't pay attention to a 6 month anniversary but im defiantly not normal. haha
Where do i begin? 
Im a lucky lady.
Kris is such an incredible husband, and im so lucky to have met him. 
i like to say destiny had a part in it.
Yes. Im superstitious, but for those who don't know the story here it is.
Kris and i were in love and in high school, and we were at about our 1 year mark of being together!
Well.. at the time i was in Idaho visiting my family{which the day this all came about i was at my Grandparents house}, and he was in Globe visiting his Grandparents, Mema and PePa.
So i get a picture text from Kris. 
It was a picture i have only seen a few times in one of my dads old album, and it was a picture of MY dad as a little tiny boy, probably 2 years old.
My first thought was, why and how is kris at my house?
Kris then calls me. 
This is the incredible part. His Grandpa and My Grandpa were BEST FRIENDS growing up here in AZ.
I guess Pepa lived at my Grandpa's house for a while even!
So i showed the picture to my Grandma and Grandpa and told them and they were just as shocked as we were.
It gets even crazier. My dad remembers Pepa over there at their house. haha 
i guess when my dad moved from AZ they had sent Pepa and Mema a photo album of the family and that is how Kris got the picture. 
It was so crazy to meet them for the first time and to also hear about all the crazy things they did growing up.
Few reasons why i think it was destiny:
{Keep in mind the perfect timing}
My dad was born and raised here in AZ.
My grandpa sold their farm here. moved up North.
My dad then meets my mom.{after a few years of course}
They live in Idaho for years. 
I was born. I lived there for 5 years.
My dads job transfers him to Orgeon.
Live there for about 8 years.
My dad's job transfers him back to AZ. 
His home town.
Just so happen we move back to the East Valley.
Where Kris has been living his whole life.
Kris's family moves from Mesa to Queen Creek.
Kris and i meet at our High School in Gilbert.
It wasn't like the reason we met was because of our Grandpas being buddies.
We found out after 1 year of being with each other! haha
Crazier part....... Every single Christmas, my Grandma and Grandpa send Pepa and Mema a
Christmas card.
Our Grandparents have a very special place in our hearts.
I love my husband.
He is my rock.
He makes me remember that laughter is the best medicine as he makes me laugh 
everyday.

Kris and i homecoming 2007.


xoxoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment