Friday, April 6, 2012

Proposal.

One year ago from today Kris asked me to marry him!
 i love thinking back on it.
Here is the story-
Easter weekend 2011 we went out to Box Canyon camping with my family and his family.
Friday night we got there, upacked and unloaded.
He right away wanted to take me for a ride.. alone.
So we went for a drive, a long drive.
Side note ***Box Canyon is a speacial place for us because that is where we would always go with our friends in high school and hang out, and that is something we always did when we started
dating, go out riding quads and what not.
Nothing happend, just went for a ride. ha

{i later found out that he had the ring in his pocket the whole time and was going to propose but thought of something better.}
So then Saturday afternoon came along and he told me he was worn out and wanted to go home.
Me, being me, cant stand being away from him, so i decided to go home as well.
We talked about what we were gonna do that night and decided to go on a date.
Now, about this time i was in the middle of buying a house. I figured that i wanted buy a house
when the economy was right. We loved driving by the house and checking it out and planning basically where we are gonna put what where. haha {dorks i know}
So he wanted to go to the house before our date, and start measuring where the couch is going ect.
{we got the code to be able to go inside. rebels.}
We were there for about 30 minutes and decided that it was time to go, so Kris said for me to go ahead and go to the car and he will make sure all lights are off.
Im in the car for about 5 minutes and i dont see Kris anywhere.
All of a sudden he comes running out the door, saying "Sara, Come look at this!"
Anyone who knows me i lOvE the little things that make things awesome.
Kris told me that there was a part of the fridge that i didnt see that was super awesome.
So i come running in to see it and open the door,
and there i see sitting on the top shelf,
My ring, open and sparkling!
{i didn't take a picture of the ring in the fridge, but i did take a picture of the fridge! haha}
I immediatly start crying because Im so happy. haha
Then i look at Kris and he is already down on one knee.
So between the shock, surprise, me bawling my eyes out, i dont remember much as to what his speech was, except "I love you more than you know, and want to spend the rest of my life with you" and "Sara, will you marry me?"
Kris wont admit it but he got a little teary-eyed himself.
I didn't get too many pictures{totally regret that} but i did get this one a few minutes afterwards.

{he let me wear the wedding band for a day with the engagement ring :)}
We then shared the news with all of our family, and come to find out Kris took his whole family to go buy the ring. i thought that was so cute. They knew all along.
Another side note***a year before he asked me to marry him, we went and looked at rings, and i picked the one he bought me. You know when you know. haha


The next day was Easter!
{it says "Im engaged"! haha}

Besides the day of our wedding, this day was one of the best days of my life.
We are so in love, and have an amazing marriage.
Im so glad to have such an amazing husband.
9 months and going strong.


Love you babe.

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment